The holidays are approaching quickly which leads to a new year. A new year leads to my thoughts and the reality that we are planning to take a missions trip to Guatemala in 2011. Since we are planning a missions trip~ we are actively and creatively coming up with ways to raise the money it will take to serve in Guatemala.
Here are a few things we have been doing:
- Collecting all of our pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters in a container that sits on our kitchen counter. We have a can for dollar bills too.
- Collecting aluminum cans and recycling for .60 cents a pound. This will raise the money for meals most likely. Every little bit helps. You can help with this too!
- Yard Sale- We had a yard sale a few weeks back and will have another one in the Spring.
- Creating bottle cap necklaces that we will be selling for $5.00 each. More info to come.
Other Fundraising plans for 2011:
- Spring Yard Sale~ If you have items you would like to donate let me know.
- Lego Contest and Party for local homeschool kids! We did this a couple of years ago and it was a huge success. All the entry fees received will go towards the missions trip. Dates and details to follow.
- Cupcake class ~ All registration fees will go towards the missions trip.
- T-Shirts~ Awesome t-shirt designs for all ages to benefit the Guatemalan missions trip!
As you can see we are going to busy in the coming year. We are looking forward to how God will work in us as a family through it all! One thing leads to another...God is always working!